Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cute when young


Feeling a bit depressed these past few days for a couple reasons; the stupidity of congress and the rain, both associated with a big dark cloud hanging over south Florida. When I heard that the republicans used the national parks as a bargaining chip and the democrats responded with "it's all-or-none", I am not sure which side disgusted me the most. At the end of the day, all that matters to me is they are keeping my two favorite national parks closed. Hence, the big dark cloud over south Florida.


So what to do when your favorite places are not accessible to you and the rain never stops? Go through some old photos, that's what I do. And I decided to concentrate on my neighbor, the musgovy duck because no matter what happens, they will most likely always be here.


Once or twice a year I walk out my back door, go a few hundred feet and find several musgovy ducklings in the flooded grassy areas. The reflections from the buildings and passing cars make the scene challenging, but also more interesting. I have blogged about this before, but decided to do it again and present more images of the cute ducklings.



I may not be able to get out into the Everglades National Park, but I have my home ducks and lots of other beautiful animals to photograph.




No comments:

Post a Comment