Friday, August 10, 2012

Another visit with the albino nightheron

I am convinced that the rare albino bird lives in a specific area of the bay. For the third time, I was able to photograph this bird while it cooperated quite well. Many other birds were in the area (including the juvy reddish egret I posted in my previous blog), and the albino seemed to not be bothered by anyone else (many birds walked by it, including the juvy snowy egret shown below). In fact, while other birds appeared to get into minor confrontations with each other, only once did I see the albino bird disturbed by another bird that happened to walk too close.


I hung out with it for awhile, until the reddish egret got my attention. So once again, here are some photos of this rare bird. May it continue to thrive.




No comments:

Post a Comment